Onkyo TX-RZ710 w/ Wharfedale DX-1SE (5.1)
Man. Part No.: TX-RZ710
Onkyo TX-RZ710 w/ Wharfedale DX-1SE (5.1)
Onkyo TX-RZ710 AV Receiver
- Custom RZ Grade Amplification System with Upgraded Parts
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology (Firmware update required)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
- HDMI® 8 In with Zone 1 and Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Phono Input and Hi-Res Audio Playback
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Sound Decoding
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals with HDCP 2.2 and HDR for Next-Generation UltraHD and Full HD Video Content*1
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for 4K/60 Hz Video in Another Room
- Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer DSP Technology
- Internet Audio Streaming Services including TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL and Deezer*2
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and Dolby® TrueHD) with Selectable Advanced Music Optimizer
- Wireless Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Control and Stream with Free Onkyo Remote Streaming Apps for
- iPod touch/iPhone*3 and Android™ Devices*4
- Powered Zone 2/Zone 2 Pre/Line Out for Distributed Analog/Digital
- Audio Playback in Another Room
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
- 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 185 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Discrete RZ Grade Non-Phase-Shifting Amplifier Circuits for Accurate Audio Imaging with Ultra-Low 5 Hz Frequency Performance
- Customized Audio-Grade Capacitors and Massive High Power Transformer for High Current Delivery and Precise Speaker Driver Control
- VLSC™ D/A Conversion Enhancement Delivers Supreme Clarity
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/ 7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- USB 2.0 Port with Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback
- 2 Component Inputs and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Location-Numbered Speaker Terminals
* 3.5mm pin jack type.
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel
- (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Simple Remote Control
What is the RZ Series?
Our premium RZ Series audio-video receivers deliver a significant boost to the dynamism, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs stunning emotional impact. Upgraded components, such as the massive transformer and custom capacitors, provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at floor-shaking volumes. It’s a serious build if you’re serious about sound.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Thrilling Sound
Dynamic Audio Amplification lets music live and breathe thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers, producing rich and authentic sound that fills you with emotion.
THX®-Certified for Cinema Reference Sound
THX® certification guarantees the same high volume and low distortion levels you experience in a commercial cinema in your listening room. THX® Select2™ Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 3–4 m. To achieve THX® certification, amplifiers must undergo a barrage of the industry’s toughest independent bench testing to satisfy THX® requirements.
Experience DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
Make object-based Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ surround-sound reality in your living room. Sound flows naturally above and around in three dimensions, with discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originating from overhead. In fact, every element in an “object-based” soundtrack is mixed separately, so it’s free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
FireConnect Multi-room Audio
A firmware update enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect™ to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
Go Wireless with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
Google Cast and AirPlay free your music from your smartphone. You can stream audio from compatible applications to your home cinema, or stream virtually any mobile or PC audio via Bluetooth technology. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify, and more.
Note: Support for some features including Google Cast, TIDAL and Deezer will be enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for scheduling information as it becomes available. Google Cast not supported on Chinese models.
Latest Spec HDMI® with Zone 2 Video
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz video, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting. A 6G- and HDCP 2.2/HDR-compatible Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to enjoy AV sources connected to the receiver in another room.
Powered Zone 2 for Audio in a Second Room
If you choose, Powered Zone 2 capability can bring audio to speakers in a second room connected to the receiver. Now with a dedicated Zone 2 DAC, you can share Digital Audio input sources such as Spotify or Internet podcasts.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Wharfedale DX-1 SE Speaker Package
High-quality home cinema can be costly, both financially and in terms of the amount of space it consumes in your living room. For those seeking a more discreet, stylish and affordable solution for genuine surround sound, the DX-1SE 5.1 speaker system from Wharfedale is ideal.
The DX-1SE consists of four satellite speakers for the front and rear, plus a similarly diminutive centre speaker and a compact active subwoofer. The speakers take their design cues from the multi-award-winning Diamond standmount speakers, albeit shrunk to a much smaller size – the satellites are just 19cm high. The DX-1SE replaces the DX-1 HCP, a similarly diminutive speaker package that was universally praised for its excellent ‘sound-per-pound’ performance, earning five-star reviews in What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and Home Cinema Choice magazines and scoring 9/10 on the Trusted Reviews website. The new package sports a number of improvements, including fine-tuned drivers, increased efficiency and redesigned cabinets with larger internal volumes. The result is improved bass response, more detail and greater sonic scale.
Each DX-1SE Satellite sports a 19mm silk dome tweeter and 75mm mid/bass driver with a woven polypropylene cone – woven polypropylene is used for its ideal combination of lightness, strength and rigidity. The enclosure is an infinite baffle (closed-box) design, which aids the speakers’ ability to be sited in close proximity to a wall without adversely affecting their performance.
The DX-1 Centre incorporates the same silk dome tweeter flanked by two 75mm mid/bass drivers. Its design includes a sophisticated aperiodic loading system consisting of a vent that is filled with resistive porous foam to control airflow. This aids bass response and contributes to a rich and detailed centre channel performance, a critical part of the surround sound experience.
The matching WH-D8 active subwoofer combines a 200mm long-throw bass cone with a 120W amplifier to deliver bass that’s fast, deep and well-defined from an extremely compact unit – just 328x268x322mm (HxWxD). The quality of the subwoofer’s design ensures it integrates superbly with the other speakers in the package, without any hint of bass bloating or overhang. It also sports an ‘auto-power’ facility, automatically switching out of standby when a signal is sensed and back again when it stops.
Available in high-gloss black or high-gloss white, the DX-1SE 5.1 speaker package delivers smart, space-saving contemporary style and exhilarating sound for both movies and music – fast, punchy and detailed, with a sense of scale that belies the diminutive size of the speakers. It’s the perfect way to enjoy authentic and engaging surround sound at a price more akin to a soundbar than a high-quality 5.1 speaker package.
“In the UK and around the world, there is high demand for compact 5.1 speaker systems that combine crisp, modern aesthetics with high-quality sound. In the DX-1SE we have incorporated elements from Wharfedale’s award-winning Diamond speakers to deliver a high-value package that is not only a delight in the home, but also extremely enjoyable to listen to. Modern movie soundtracks are exceptionally demanding, but we've made sure that this package is tailor-made for the job.”
Peter Comeau - Director of Acoustic Design
The Wharfedale DX-1SE 5.1 home cinema speaker package is available now and replaces the DX-1 HCP. An optional satellite expansion pack is also coming soon, ideal for those seeking to expand the 5.1 package to a 7.1 configuration.
|Description/Format||Two-way closed-box system|
|High-Frequency Drive Unit||1 x 19mm silk dome|
|Mid/Bass Drive Unit||1 x 75mm woven PP cone|
|Frequency Response||100Hz - 22kHz ±3dB|
|Recommended Amp (RMS)||20 - 100W|
|Description/Format||Two-way aperiodic system|
|High-Frequency Drive Unit||1 x 19mm silk dome|
|Mid/Bass Drive Unit||2 x 75mm woven PP cones|
|Frequency Response||80Hz - 22kHz ±3dB|
|Recommended Amp (RMS)||30 - 100W|
|Description/Format||Active dynamic driver IB subwoofer|
|Drive Unit||1 x 200mm long-throw driver|
|Frequency Response||40Hz - 120Hz ±3dB|
|Amplifier Power Output||120W RMS|
|Line Input Sensitivity||200mV for maximum output|
|Crossover Range||40Hz - 150Hz (adjustable)|
|Inputs||Stereo line in (2 x RCA phono)
LFE line in (RCA-phono)
|Signal-to-noise ratio (S/N)||85dB|
|Avg. Max Output @1m||105dB|
|Options||Auto-power; phase inversion|
|Manufacturer's Part No.||TX-RZ710|
|Number of channels||7,2|
|Connections||Analog, Bi-Wire, Component, Composite, Digital Coaxial, Digital Optical (TOSLINK), Ethernet, FM/AM, HDMI, Headphone, S-Video, Subwoofer, USB|
|Features||4K Passthrough, Airplay, Audio Return Channel (ARC), Automatic Speaker Calibration, Bi-Wire, Bluetooth (In-Built), Digital Optical, DLNA, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dynamic Volume Control, Ethernet, FM/AM, InstaPrevue, Internet Radio, MHL, Network (Internet), Remote Control App, Spotify, USB, WiFi (In-Built), WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology|
|Number of Drivers||N/A|
|Multi-Room Zones||Powered Zone 2|
|Speaker Dimensions||(HxWxD): Satellites: 190x110x123mm/Centre: 110x292x123mm/Subwoofer: 328x268x322 mm|
|Amplifier Dimensions||(W x H x D) 435 x 177 x 378 mm|
|Warranty||Amplifier:2/Speakers: 5/Subwoofer: 2|
Save £228.99 £1,527.99£1,299.00 inc vat
Save £372.99 £1,771.99£1,399.00 inc vat
Save £372.99 £1,971.99£1,599.00 inc vat
Save £292.99 £1,891.99£1,599.00 inc vat
Finance options* to help you afford the product you want!
If your order value is £389.00 or over you will be given the option to buy on finance when you reach the checkout. We have two finance options available:
Buy Now Pay 6 Months Later
Buy Now Pay 12 Months Later
Please Note: A minimum 10% deposit is payable up front on credit or debit card on all finance orders.
How to Apply
Applying for finance is simple. All you need to do is call us on 0800 634 4484 during opening hours and we will be able to process your order.
Who is the finance agreement with?
The finance agreement is with Hitachi Consumer Credit, one of the largest money lenders in the UK.
*Finance is available to UK applicants 18 years of age or older and subject to status. Finance is not available for business customers. Prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change during the term of this offer without notice. Terms and conditions are available on request. Finance agreements are available on orders between £389 and £10,000 (including VAT and shipping). Please ensure you are able to keep up repayments of any finance package taken.
Now Group UK Ltd trading as Exceptional AV operates under a Consumer Credit Licence, No. 560813.
This licence is issued by The Director General of Fair Trading at the Office of Fair Trading in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974.