Pioneer SC-LX89 AV Receiver
Man. Part No.: SC-LX89
Pioneer SC-LX89 AV Receiver
Top-class multi-channel sound redefined
For a powerful and at the same time naturally transparent sound the top model with 260 watts per channel possesses not only the strongest end sections of its range, but was also structured with special sound-optimized components at many of its most important points. The loving precision tuning carried out with the intensive participation of Air Studios in London was also made possible here in an uncompromising manner in accordance with the requirements of audiophiles. The result shows that enthralling cinema dynamics and naturally gripping high sound-end don’t have to rule each other out in a single device. In addition to the 3D Spaceframe architecture, which combines the benefits of a separate front and end section combination with the compactness of a receiver, a special low leakage power flux mains transformer in the SC-LX 89 ensures that the sensitive processor and amplifier blocks can work with less interference. The rich streaming offer, with Blutooth, DNLA Player, Spotify and AirPlay, supplements the SC-LX 89 with its asynchronous USB digital input. In this way the capacities of the extremely low-jitter SABRE D/A converter can be used from any PC or MAC without any reductions and with resolutions of up to 192 kHz/32 bit as well as native DSD. The mature MCACC Pro calibration program in the SC-LX 89, with additional precision distance fine tuning, guarantees that demanding 3D soundtracks such as DTS:X, available via update, can seamlessly develop their surround sound even in real living rooms.
With the digital streaming service Spotify enjoy millions of songs just when you want to. This receiver is ready for Spotify Connect with which you can select songs via an app and listen to on your audio system.
Dolby Atmos & DTSX
This device supports the newest Dolby Atmos and (after a free update) DTS:X surround-sound formats. With their object-oriented designs these formats facilitate a perfect wraparound sound with precisely placed effects and realistic movement sequences in all three spatial axes. In this respect loudspeaker arrangements of up to 11.2 channels are supported.
Streaming, Airplay and Bluetooth
As a DLNA 1.5 certified network player with integrated WLAN, this device plays music files in all of the relevant formats from the home network including high-resolution DSD and FLAC files, naturally gapless and with a convenient app control. Tablets and Smartphones can be seamlessly and wirelessly integrated via AirPlay or without a network via Bluetooth.
4K Ultra HD Scaling
Give your Ultra-HD Display the food it needs. This Pioneer device is not only fully compatible with all available high-definition video signals, its high-performance video scaler also produces 4K images, even from low-resolution material. In this way, with up to 20 times as many pixels, even your old DVDs will gain a new dimension where both focus and interference are concerned.
Professional Sound Equalization
MCACC Pro analyses the sounds from your loudspeakers via an accompanying microphone and adapts the volume and distance to create a completely harmonious surround sound experience. At the same time, a precisely working equalizer compensates for any disruptive influences on the room acoustics. MCACC is fully compatible with all sound formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
It Sounds Better
To fully exhaust the capacity of the exceptional SABRE D/A converter, the audio scaler calculates the projection for digital signals at the maximum resolution of 32 bit and a sampling rate of 192 kHz. Thanks to sophisticated scaling algorithms, the signal-to-noise ratio not only benefits from this, the transparency and amplitude of the sound are also increased.
High Resolution Sound on Multi-Channels Too
Experience audiophile sounds in full Sound Master resolution, with HighRes downloads of your favourite albums in WAV, ALAC, FLAC and AIFF formats as well as in DSD. For the ultimate realism there is HiRes audio, now also with multiple channels in WAV and FLAC formats.
High Quality Sound from the Top Drawer
The quality of the sound tuning from the famous AIR Studios is recognized as the absolute standard in the hi-fi world. Together with engineers from AIR Studios, we have tuned this amplifier at great expense to such an extent that it can reproduce audio signals as clear and precise as the original recordings.
Direct Energy HD Amplifiers
Thanks to a meticulous overhaul of all its components and uncompromising performance optimization, the Direct Energy HD amplifiers now deliver an even fuller, more powerful sound with impressive output power on all channels, even during simultaneous operation.
Easy to Setup & Complete Control
The “Start-up Navi” app supports you when you are setting up your AV receiver. The integrated assistant creates all of the important settings for you, including the network settings. With the “iControlAV5” app you can subsequently control all of the important functions conveniently via your Smartphone or Tablet (iOS /Android).
- Channels: 9
- Amplification Type: Class D (Direct Energy HD)
- 850 W Multi ch Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %)
- 260 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- 220 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- AIR Studios Monitor Certification
- Dolby Atmos®/Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Surround
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Ready
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-ES/DTS Neo:X|11.1
- USB-DAC 192 kHz/32-bit with DSD Native Playback
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz/2ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch)
- SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9016S) for 9.2ch
- Audio Scaler 192 kHz/32-bit Enhancer
- MCACC Pro Room Calibration: Full Band Phase Control, Auto Phase Control Plus/Phase Control Plus, Standing Wave Control, 3D Time Axis Measurement, Precision - Distance, Subwoofer EQ (4 Band), Bass Management System for Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers
- Sound Enhancements: PQLS Bit-stream/Multi-Surround/2ch, Advanced Sound Retriever (Multi-ch), Auto Sound Retriever/Auto Sound Retriever for ARC, Auto Level Control (Multi-ch), Virtual Speakers (Wide/Height/Surround Back), Rendering Mode
- Advanced Surround Modes: Action, Drama, Advanced Game, Sports, Classical, Rock/Pop, Front Stage Surround, Sound Retriever Air, Phones Surround, ECO Mode 1, ECO Mode 2
- Input Volume Absorber
- Speaker System 15 Patterns Including 7 Patterns for Dolby Atmos
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:2/36-bit)
- Video Scaler (1080p to 4K) with Super Resolution
- Triple HD Noise Reduction
- Advanced Video Adjust
- Stream Smoother/Stream Smoother Link
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- DLNA Certified™ (1.5)
- HTC Connect™ Certified
- Windows® 8 Compatible
- Music File Playback/Seek via Network/USB: AIFF , Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC, MP3, WMA, AAC, DSD
- 192 kHz/24-Bit Audio playback (AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC)
- Multi-Channel (5.1ch, 5.0ch) Audio Playback (WAV, FLAC)
- Gapless Playback for AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, DSD
- Spotify® Digital Music-Streaming Service Ready
- Internet Radio with vTuner
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 2.1 + EDR, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Android™ Audio/Video Playback with MHL™
- HDMI 1 in
- USB 1 in for iPod/iPhone, USB drive
- MCACC Setup MIC in
- Phones 1 out
- HDMI 7 in (7 assignable, 1 for HDMI/MHL)
- HDMI 3 out (2 for MAIN, 1 for MAIN/HDZONE)
- Ethernet 1 In
- AV (Composite) 2 In/1 Out
- Audio 1 In (assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 2 In (assignable)
- Digital Optical 2 In (assignable)/1 Out
- USB-DAC In (B-Type)
- Component Video 2 In (assignable)
- Monitor Component 1 Out/Monitor
- Composite 1 Out
- Preout 11.2 ch (13.2 ch terminals)
- Speaker 11 ch Out
- Independent Dual Subwoofer
- IR 2 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger x 2/RS-232C
- Advanced Direct Construction
- Rigid Trans-Stabilizer
- Insulated Dual Chassis
- 3D Space Frame Construction
- Low Leakage Flux Power Transformer
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulator
|Manufacturer's Part No.||SC-LX89|
|Amplifier Award||5 Star|
|Number of channels||9,2|
|Connections||12v Trigger, Analog, Bi-Wire, Component, Composite, Digital Coaxial, Digital Optical (TOSLINK), Ethernet, FM/AM, HDMI, Headphone, IR Flasher, RS-232, S-Video, Subwoofer, USB|
|Features||4K Passthrough, Airplay, Audio Return Channel (ARC), Automatic Speaker Calibration, Bi-Wire, Bluetooth (In-Built), Digital Optical, DLNA, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dynamic Volume Control, Ethernet, FM/AM, Internet Radio, MHL, Network (Internet), Remote Control App, Spotify, USB, WiFi (In-Built)|
|HDMI Support||4K UltraHD / HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2|
|Virtual Surround Sound||No|
|Colour Output (Lumen)||No|
|Amplifier Dimensions||(W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 441 mm|
|Room Calibration||MCACC Pro|
|Number of Drivers||N/A|
|Type of Finish||No|
Finance options* to help you afford the product you want!
If your order value is £389.00 or over you will be given the option to buy on finance when you reach the checkout. We have two finance options available:
Buy Now Pay 6 Months Later
Buy Now Pay 12 Months Later
Please Note: A minimum 10% deposit is payable up front on credit or debit card on all finance orders.
How to Apply
Applying for finance is simple. All you need to do is call us on 0800 634 4484 during opening hours and we will be able to process your order.
Who is the finance agreement with?
The finance agreement is with Hitachi Consumer Credit, one of the largest money lenders in the UK.
*Finance is available to UK applicants 18 years of age or older and subject to status. Finance is not available for business customers. Prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change during the term of this offer without notice. Terms and conditions are available on request. Finance agreements are available on orders between £389 and £10,000 (including VAT and shipping). Please ensure you are able to keep up repayments of any finance package taken.
Now Group UK Ltd trading as Exceptional AV operates under a Consumer Credit Licence, No. 560813.
This licence is issued by The Director General of Fair Trading at the Office of Fair Trading in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974.